Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unintentional Eavesdropping

Some conversations just have to be shared.

Sitting outside at my mother-in-law's house, concealed by a hedge, I heard the neighbor's one-sided telephone conversation:

“So, yeah, wanna hear something really awesome? I'm a descendant of Pocahontas.”

“You know how she married John Randolph? I found out my great-grandfather was John Randolph. So, that makes me 1/16th Cherokee. Cool, huh?

And you know what, when I told Kaitlyn, she said, “Pocahontas? She's just a cartoon character.”

“Well, you know, Kaitlyn's not all that smart. She didn't do well in school and doesn't know much about history and stuff. So, anyway, I'm 1/16th Cherokee, but I'm really bummed because I wanted to get that financial aid for school because of my Indian blood, but they stop at 1/24th, so I don't get it, since I'm just 1/16th."

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing this one. So funny!

Nancy Kemp said...

How did you not bust out laughing? I'm going to be chuckling over that one all day.