Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Come to This

Pat helps me "get out the door" most mornings. I do a quick inventory: purse, computer bag, cell-phone. He has my coffee. Today there were two extra bags - rolls for the potluck, pine-cones for the kids' crafts. I'd left my good coffee mug at school and the Christmas one was bound to spill, so Pat willingly gulped a few swallows at my request. His bare feet were no doubt getting cold and as I was all set to go, he said goodbye and shut the car door.

I rolled the windows down quickly and said, "Aren't I going to get a kiss?" He's usually offended when I forget.

"I'm sorry. I thought I did kiss you," he said apologetically and leaned towards me.

I tried to recall, then replied, "I really don't remember if you did or not."

We laughed at ourselves and kissed (again?) to be sure.

No comments: