Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Father's Heart



It's not that I can't think of anything to write myself. It's just that I keep coming across things I want to share.
My niece Sophie had just arrived in Knoxville as a second semester freshman. Her father, Tim, emailed this to her so she'd have it when she got back to her dorm room after the long ride.

Hey kid,

You made it back safe. That was no accident. God has a plan for you and your degree is part of His plan. Sooo wriggle your toes in the dirt, take a step closer to the edge, breathe deep and jump. While you're falling, you may wonder why you are surrounded by so much air. Nothing is solid; it feels unnatural. Don't worry - you are just passing through. You have a destination. It's the deep, cool water of life and you get there by leaping off the cliff named Easy. Standing on the cliff of Easy, you only get to watch the lake of life.

I am proud of you.

Hold your nose and tuck your legs because darling, when you hit the water, you are going to make a big splash in LIFE.

Dad

No comments: