Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Classic

Conversation between my mother and her lifelong friend:

Ann:  It's your birthday, Joanne, so I want to do something. You see, I've got this Backyard Burger coupon and it's buy one, get the other half off.

My mother:  That sounds wonderful. I love Backyard Burger.

Ann:  There's just one problem. I'm just not sure how it's going to work out.

My mother:  What's that, Ann?

Ann:  Well, it's like this. It's buy one, get one half off, but the thing is, I know what I like on my hamburger, but I don't know what you like, and I don't think this will work out. You see, I like mine with pickle, lettuce, mustard and onion, and I know you like something different.  I really wanted to do something for your birthday, but I just don't know how it will work out with me liking my hamburger one way and you like yours another way.

My mother:  I'll tell you what Ann. You order you hamburger the way you like it, and I'll just order mine the same way.

Ann:  But this was for your birthday, Joanne. Are you sure that will be alright?

No comments: